Life After Grad
Writing & Rhetoric (W&R) grads are pursuing exciting and diverse career paths. A W&R minor can take you just about anywhere: our alumni are a remarkably diverse group, both in their academic and post-grad accomplishments.
A complement or a path of its own
Some of our graduates use their W&R minor as a complement to their specialist or major program, giving them crucial critical thinking and writing skills in their chosen profession. W&R alumni have majors and specialists in a wide array of programs, including, engineering, English, business, economics, life sciences, and many other disciplines.
Other alumni graduate with major or specialist designations in programs closely related to their W&R minor designation. For example, we have English majors with a W&R minor working in journalism, freelance writing and editing, publishing, social justice, public relations, social media, and numerous other communication and related fields.
Stay connected and reap the benefits
As a W&R grad, you are part of the Innis College alumni network. We keep you connected through newsletters and postings on social media. We offer a wide range of virtual and in-person events with free film screenings, speakers, panel discussions, networking opportunities, and social meet-ups that can enrich and expand your career and your life.
How you can help
- Become a mentor to a current W&R student through the Innis College Alumni Mentorship Program; there are both one-time and year-long opportunities available.
- Offer your expertise as a speaker at a W&R event or as part of a course.
- Establish a W&R scholarship or award to support a student entering or graduating from the program.
- Make a donation to the Campaign for the Innis College Renewal and Expansion, which will transform the student experience and academic spaces for all students.
- Talk to us! Do you have an idea about how to connect with other alumni, or want to get involved with the program and/or current students, but aren’t sure how?
For any of the above, please get in touch with us:
Director, Writing & Rhetoric Program
Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
What’s happening at Innis?
There’s so much going on for Innis alumni! Find the latest events, screenings, speakers, panels, get-togethers, and more, and be sure to sign up for our newsletter.
Meet our grads
Andrew Kozak (’21)
Isabella McKay (’21)
I am the marketing operations coordinator at a leading medical technology company that focuses on healthcare innovations. I also write stories and articles for media organizations. In the Writing & Rhetoric Program, I enhanced my critical thinking and professional and creative writing skills. The writing and rhetorical knowledge and skills I gained allow me to better connect with people, and achieve business and personal objectives.